The Mantuliz Sector Compensation Board commissioned Vectio to draft a Mobility Plan. The objective of this assessment was to find out the demand generated by the new urban area to be developed “Mantúliz Commercial/Sports Sector”, assessing the access roads and their capacity to cater for the new demand.
To do so, the traffic flows in the vicinity and the mobility that would be generated by the new proposed development were estimated in order to diagnose the road capacity of the detour alternatives and their level of service, as well as proposing improvements that ensure the alternative of greater fluidity and security so that the office is accessed optimally.
The works carried out to conduct this assessment were as follows:
- Collection of existing data on traffic demand from surrounding
- Installation of pneumatic technology traffic count and artificial vision cameras
- Automated count with artificial vision software
- Route videos with geo-referenced camera
- Assessment of allocation of future traffic rates
- Analysis of the level of service of the surrounding roads