The company Applus, editor of the project of the new connection of the A-52 motorway with the N-525 national road to the industrial estates of San Cibrao - Val de Rábeda, commissioned Vectio to conduct a transport assessment to estimate the future demand for the road and its levels of exploitation.
The objective of this assessment was met by using simulators, through which we were able to diagnose the road capacity and the service level of the trunk road, as well as estimate the need to redesign the connections that had been planned to maintain an optimal level of service, maintain quality or propose improvements that maintain it. The aim was to ensure efficient and fluid circulation on the said infrastructure and its surroundings.
The works carried out were as follows:
- Collection of existing data on traffic demand from surrounding roads;
- Collection of planimetric data of the proposed development;
- Analysis of the level of service of the project in the current year (2015) and in the year horizon of the project (2035);
- Route video with geo-referencing on-board camera;
- Construction of a digital traffic mode of the infrastructure and surrounding area.