Vectio carried out this assessment at the request of the Sub-directorate for Works and Heritage of the Ministry of Justice, in charge of coordinating the extension and improvement works of the National Court that affected the assisting urban development in the Plaza Villa de París in Madrid.
These works would serve to build an underground access road for citizen security and differentiated access points for public and magistrates, which would entail changes in traffic management and mobility in the vicinity.
The aim of this assessment was to find out the flow of travel in the area, estimate the traffic generated by the new route and diagnose, by using simulators, the road capacity and its level of service, as well as the infrastructure needs for alleviate negative effects and maintain its level of service.
The works carried out to conduct this assessment were as follows:
- Installation of pneumatic technology traffic counts and artificial vision cameras;
- Assessment of future traffic rates allocation based on micro-modelling techniques;
- Assessment of junctions with traffic lights;
- Inventory of parking car park with parking typology;
- Analysis based on swept path analysis of the different accesses.
The main objective was to maintain quality or propose improvements that would maintain it, seeking to promote efficient and fluid mobility.