The company Traces commissioned Vectio with the task of conducting this work, the objective of which was to provide the management of the Nervión Plaza Shopping Centre with a sustainable mobility assessment that would allow it to understand the traffic and public transport situation in the surrounding area and propose improvement actions.
Nervión Plaza Shopping Centre is located in the heart of the city of Seville, meaning that it can be accessed by means of different modes of transport, either by metro or bus, and by different public transport routes. To conduct this assessment, we analysed the accessibility for each mode of transport (on foot, bicycle, metro, urban bus, taxi and private vehicle) and the existing demand for each of them.
The works carried out for this assessment were as follows:
- Collection of existing data on range of transport, customers mobility studies and ATC surveys of the City Council of Seville;
- Installation of artificial vision cameras for the identification of routes and swept path analysis of private vehicles, buses, bicycles and pedestrians in different junctions;
- Recording of all junctions regulated with traffic lights in the surrounding area to obtain the traffic lights times, as well as to characterise the swept path of private vehicles at certain junctions;
- Assessment of allocation of traffic rates according to the four-step transport modelling method;
- Mobility diagnosis and analysis of the Level of Service of the means of transport of the area according to the methodology of the Road Capacity Manual and based on micro-scale analysis;
- Proposal of corrective measures that would help mitigate the penetration of private vehicles in the area studied.