Before investing, the company Hreis Innova commissioned Vectio to conduct an analysis of the existing access roads to the plot where it is weighing up whether to implement a new logistics area in Villaverde (Madrid).
Before making the decision, a transport and mobility assessment was needed to analyse both the traffic flow of the affected stretch of road and its access roads, as well as an analysis of the road infrastructure in the immediate vicinity. The aim was to find out the mobility that the new proposed facility would generate, as well as to conduct an analysis of the existing access roads for the different modes of transport, in addition to detecting traffic conflict points and proposing improvement actions.
To conduct this assessment, the following works were carried out:
- Collection of existing data on traffic demand from surrounding roads;
- Accessibility and isochrone maps from the plot studied to the high-capacity roads;
- Installation of traffic counts with both pneumatic technology, and radar technology, as well as with artificial vision cameras;
- Collection of planimetric data of the development;
- Automated count with artificial vision software from footage taken on site;
- Route videos with geo-referencing on-board camera;
- Improvement of junctions in the vicinity to obtain greater permeability of the plot