The company Puentes Group submitted an offer for the tender for the extension of the AP-9 Motorway, which required a transport assessment to be completed.
The objective of this assessment was to provide Puentes Group with a transport assessment that would demonstrate the flows in the stretch of road affected by the works on the AP-9 motorway, as well as to analyse the road infrastructure in the immediate vicinity, estimating the generation of mobility and detours during the period that the works are being performed.
This assessment was conducted in two separate parts, at distinct times:
- The first part was the assessment of traffic before the extension work with the capture of mobility data in the area studied, as well as the construction of a digital traffic model using analysis techniques.
- The second part consisted of an evaluation of the detours proposed in the project, based on the previous model.
The works carried out for this project were as follows:
- Collection of existing data on traffic demand of the surrounding roads and ATC surveys
- Installation of traffic counts with pneumatic technology, radar technology and artificial vision
- Automated count with artificial vision software from footage taken on site.
- Analysis of the level of service of the surrounding roads
- Route videos with geo-referenced camera on-board the vehicle
- Construction of a digital traffic model
- Assessment of traffic detours during the extension works of the Centre